Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday, May 9, 2008


Today is Aspen's birthday...she is 15 years old. Happy Birthday, Aspen! Finished the above scrapbook page. It reads, "Juan & I went on a tour with others to the Tulip Festival in Holland, Michigan. While there we visited the Veldheer Tulip Gardens where there were planted over 5 million tulips. It was such a beautiful site with all these fields of color. Although it was rainy that day the rain stopped long enough for us to visit each site. I had never seen or even heard of some of the tulips, like the Peony Tulips which I fell in love with. They are the pink and white tulips pictured on this page and are called Crème Up Star. The ones pictured in the top right corner of the next page are called Hermione. I ended up buying 10 bulbs of the pink & white to be delivered in the fall but think I will order more as I know where I will plant them and know there is room for more. At the gardens there were signs posted reading that if you picked one of the tulips you would be fined $100.00. That certainly put a stop to anyone’s thoughts of picking any. :)"
On another note...our garbage disposal died. More money.

No comments: