Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday, January 10, 2008


While looking at the above photo of the house I grew up in until I was 10 (left), Juan's house where he grew up (middle) and our current home (right), Juan and I were thinking about things that happened in those homes, especially his old home. He was saying how when he was younger, he and some of his brothers tied sheets to their brother, Rudy, (like a parachute) and hung him outside their upstairs window. They told him they were going to lower him down to the ground but only lowered him part way and then left him hanging. Needless to say, when their mother finally found out they all got it. My recollections of my old home are much more milder being an only child. Since the picture of Juan's old home is recent, this is what his home looks like today. My old home looks nothing like it did then. Owners have put a dormer on top and it now looks like a colonial...would never recognize it. One day I will drive by it and take a picture.
Yesterday afternoon, men came and installed the gutter guards we ordered. So...no more climbing ladders to clean out the gutters in the sping ("spinners") and fall (leaves).

No comments: