Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28, 2008


Went to the laundromat today with John's comforter. He brought it over last week thinking I could put this huge, queen-sized cover in my washing machine. Sometimes I don't know what he is thinking! I mean, I had to "stuff" it into the machine. Of course, when it was wet it shrank down in size but still....huge. There weren't many people inside...maybe four or five of us. One other woman was there with her comforters. The others were there doing their regular wash. Not a cheap thing to go to a laundromat. It cost $3.75 to wash the comforter and another $1.00 to partially dry it. It was almost dry and I just didn't want to sit around anymore. Kind of laughed at the price to dry items. It cost 25 cents for 7 minutes. Why seven???? I mean who was the person who decided that 7 minutes was long enough for something to dry and then to charge you 25 cents? Ahhhh! So..if you had 4 loads of wash that would be $15.00 just for washing....then you have to dry the stuff. Expensive...and boring! You sit there watching machines go round and round.
John did come by later in the afternoon. His dad made one of his favorites tonight for dinner....picadillo....so of course he came by. Also picked up his dry cleaning and the shirts I ironed for him...and the comforter.
And that was my exciting day. Oh....did go by Target to pick up milk and bread. Have never gone there for groceries but just didn't feel like going over to Kroger's...besides...had to pick up something for the Megan, the birthday girl whose party we are going to on Saturday.

No comments: