Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday, August 12, 2008


Alex returned from Wisconsin yesterday and I finished a baseball page for her...pictured above. It reads, "While in Wisconsin, went to see the Milwaukee Brewers vs. the Washington Nationals play at Miller Stadium. Over 42,000 were there for the game. The stadium is huge and has a retractable roof. While watching the game was fun, the thing I was most excited about was watching the Klement’s Sausage Company Sausage Race. I had seen clips of the race on YouTube before and thought it was cool to actually see it in person (I have simple joys). I tried to find a Chorizo doll, but they were all sold out. I settled for a pic with the statue. The race is during the 6th inning and I was rooting for Cinco the Chorizo. The other sausages are Brett Wurst the Bratwurst, Stosh the Polish Sausage, Guido the Italian Sausage and Frankie Furter the Hot Dog. The race was tight, but as they rounded the turn past Home Plate, a group of kids dressed in mini-me sausage costumes bolted out to finish the race and Stosh the Polish Sausage won. The Washington Nationals have copied this idea and their version is the running of the Presidents. The Brewers creamed the Nationals 6-0. Saturday, August 9, 2008"

Copied the above from her blog. :) Since her birthday is this coming Thursday, Juan and I will go up there in the afternoon to take her out to dinner. John's is coming up also on the 29th. He'll be 30....good grief!

No comments: